Question Recommendations for upgrading Hyper 212 Evo

StarCry

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2015
So I have recently moved case to the Silverstone RL06 and have been upgrading my cooling/aesthetics. I have been using a Hyper 212 Evo for a few years now, recently replaced the fans with ML120s from Corsair.

I now want to replace the Evo for a new air cooler and want some recommendations. I preferably want the tower to be black and ideally fit the ML120s that I recently bought.

I have been considering the Dark Rock 4, but I'm not certain if it is compatible with the ML120s.

Image of my rig below:
IMG_20190613_153443%202_zpsahcqa19k.jpg

dphotog

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
if you can stand the ugly colors of the Noctua 12x25 its the best aircooling for a cpu. Its not as large as the Dark Rock 4 and easily probably one of the most quiet ones. Im planning myself to get a Hype Evo for my future build. However, this is a temporary hold because I am waiting for the Noctua Black editions to come out. Noctua is fairly more pricey, but it does cool cpus to AIO water cooled levels. So if you can wait keep going and wait for the black editions to come out which maybe a while or upgrade to ugly brown version of it. Up to you!

StarCry

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2015
I had a quick look online, but searching noctua 12x25 only comes up with fans rather than heatsinks. The noctua black editions look great, but apparently they aren't releasing until Q4 this year :(

Pure performance isn't so much what I'm looking for though since my temps are already pretty good as I've invested a lot into an airflow case/good fans. Wanting something that'll look good in my system and give me some upgrade on the 212s performance.

Mastropomodoro

Commendable
BANNED
Jun 16, 2019
So I have recently moved case to the Silverstone RL06 and have been upgrading my cooling/aesthetics. I have been using a Hyper 212 Evo for a few years now, recently replaced the fans with ML120s from Corsair.

I now want to replace the Evo for a new air cooler and want some recommendations. I preferably want the tower to be black and ideally fit the ML120s that I recently bought.

I have been considering the Dark Rock 4, but I'm not certain if it is compatible with the ML120s.

Image of my rig below:
IMG_20190613_153443%202_zpsahcqa19k.jpg

Mastropomodoro

Commendable
BANNED
Jun 16, 2019
If you want great performance you can go with a noctua, the heatsink and fans are not black, i know. But fans are easy to paint (I did mine black and white) and you can paint tle top layer of the heatsink