Question Recommendations needed for mesh router

Prominent
Nov 28, 2021
I got the asus ax58u last yr, eve it got 4 antenna the signal strength doesnt seem to be that good, i may need a 2nd router to pair as mesh

So
do i have to get exact same model ?
Get any ax router from asus ? Even ac86u?
Longest antenna needed?

kanewolf

Titan
I got the asus ax58u last yr, eve it got 4 antenna the signal strength doesnt seem to be that good, i may need a 2nd router to pair as mesh

So
Longest antenna needed?
To get a mesh (wireless uplink) to work best, you place the second router, not where you have poor signal, but 1/2 way between the base router and the poor signal area.
I believe most newer Asus routers will Airlink together.
If you can get a wired connection to the second router, you will have much better performance. Do you have coax cable in the house ? That can be used for networking with MoCA adapters.

So
Longest antenna needed?
Mesh done right can be okay but you'd be surprised how many times it's not. If this is all in the same house (same braker box) I would go powerline ethernet.
Something like this -
https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Powerline-Extender-TL-WPA8631P-KIT/dp/B08RHZBHTM/ref=sr_1_9