Recommendations on 1080p monitor.

jungkyu

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Hi, I have my rig all built but I don't like my screen thus far. It's a 1600x900 and it sucks. I want a 1080p IPS monitor. Around the 22-24" mark. My max budget is $300. I don't know the world of monitors very well so I'm open to all options. I've heard good things about the Dell UltraSharp but I also heard that the anti-glare coating is very annoying. Could somebody give me some good recommendations? I really want an IPS panel because of the viewing angles and the color accuracy but if another monitor beats it for a really good value then Im down for that too. If it helps, my rig is a i5-2400, Sapphire 6870, 8gb ram. I wont be doing hardcore gaming, but i will do some light gaming like SCII, maybe a little BF3, but thats about it. I dont know much about lag input, response time, and other factors of a monitor so if somebody could lead me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.
Thanks!

You will need a HDMI to DVI converter. But that will only give you video. HDMI also carries audio so if there are audio outputs on the Xbox other than the HDMI port, or if the audio outputs (if any) are disabled when when HDMI is used, then you are not going to get any sound. That means you'll need to look for a monitor with HDMI input and either built-in speakers or an audio jack which allows you to connect speakers.