Recommendations on Pci x 1 wifi cards

Urahara-shoten

Commendable
Mar 6, 2017
Hey I am trying to find a pci x 1 wifi card that runs efficiently. I am currently looking at the ASUS PCE-AC68 Dual-Band Network Adapter - PCIe - 802.11b/a/g/n/ac - Detachable Antenna, Could someone tell me if this is a good card. I would hope so because I know ASUS is usually a good brand, but I never bought any of their wifi cards before, otherwise could you guys recommend me another good wifi card? thanks

Urahara-shoten

Commendable
Mar 6, 2017

I mean a card that has more range and less drops out of the network, I cannot run a wire to my PC because my setup is on the other side of the house. So I am thinking a wifi card that has farther range. My room mate has a plain pci card in his system and it runs fine, but mine does not even though its 802.11 b/g/n . So I am looking for a better card than I have now.

Urahara-shoten

Commendable
Mar 6, 2017

I apologize my wifi card has a terrible lag that stops in mid sending of response which shows its not sent on my end. I have not tried powerline adapters, but I was told they work in newer houses with newer wiring my house is over 50 years old with the same wiring so the chances are slim.

Urahara-shoten

Commendable
Mar 6, 2017

I apologize my wifi card has a terrible lag that stops in mid sending of response which shows its not sent on my end. I have not tried powerline adapters, but I was told they work in newer houses with newer wiring my house is over 50 years old with the same wiring so the chances are slim.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS