Recommendations on Pci x 1 wifi cards

Urahara-shoten

Honorable
Mar 6, 2017
Hey I am trying to find a pci x 1 wifi card that runs efficiently. I am currently looking at the ASUS PCE-AC68 Dual-Band Network Adapter - PCIe - 802.11b/a/g/n/ac - Detachable Antenna, Could someone tell me if this is a good card. I would hope so because I know ASUS is usually a good brand, but I never bought any of their wifi cards before, otherwise could you guys recommend me another good wifi card? thanks

Urahara-shoten

Honorable
Mar 6, 2017

I mean a card that has more range and less drops out of the network, I cannot run a wire to my PC because my setup is on the other side of the house. So I am thinking a wifi card that has farther range. My room mate has a plain pci card in his system and it runs fine, but mine does not even though its 802.11 b/g/n . So I am looking for a better card than I have now.

Urahara-shoten

Honorable
Mar 6, 2017

I apologize my wifi card has a terrible lag that stops in mid sending of response which shows its not sent on my end. I have not tried powerline adapters, but I was told they work in newer houses with newer wiring my house is over 50 years old with the same wiring so the chances are slim.

Urahara-shoten

Honorable
Mar 6, 2017

I apologize my wifi card has a terrible lag that stops in mid sending of response which shows its not sent on my end. I have not tried powerline adapters, but I was told they work in newer houses with newer wiring my house is over 50 years old with the same wiring so the chances are slim.

TRENDING THREADS