[SOLVED] Recommendations on the best tiny heatsinks for GPU memory chips and vrm?

yaggaz

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2013
I am going to be getting the Kraken G12 soon for my RTX 2080 Super and it just occurred to me with the exposed underside I might as well add extra cooling with tiny heatsinks.

Is copper the best? And as they'll be upside down will the thermal adhesive hold? Any recommendations on a specific brand would be appreciated.

I am going to be getting the Kraken G12 soon for my RTX 2080 Super and it just occurred to me with the exposed underside I might as well add extra cooling with tiny heatsinks.

Is copper the best? And as they'll be upside down will the thermal adhesive hold? Any recommendations on a specific brand would be appreciated.
Copper is better and yes they are sticky:
View: https://youtu.be/uD-Tp8EhBas

Reactions: yaggaz
Solution

yaggaz

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2013
Hey guys I still can't find a good thermal tape choice. I have been reading so many conflicting stories and experiences. Many claim the heatsinks that come with thermal always fall off, and they buy a separate thermal adhesive.

So I have the heatsinks I want now just something that can stay permanently stuck upside down that has a high temperature rating. Any ideas for brand names and choices? Thanks.