recommendations: which new harddrive to my good old Inspir..

I have a 20GB IBM DJSA-220 drive on my I8K. It does its job and 20GB is enough for me,
but I would like a less noisy and faster drive.
Any recommendations?

Powerdrain is no issue. The battery is almost dead anyway.

BigJim

Pulled this from Dell web site just make sure you get the right form
factor and update the bios if necessary

Form Factor: 2.5" x 1/6H
Capacity: 60 GB
Height: 1.3 cm
Device Type: Hard drive - internal
Dimensions (WxDxH): 1.3 cm
Interface Type: IDE
Type: Hard drive - internal
Connections: 1 x storage - IDE
Compatibility: PC
Product Description: CMS Easy-Plug Easy-Go hard drive - 60 GB - IDE
Service & Support: 3 years warranty
Service & Support Details: Limited warranty - 3 years
Manufacturer Warranty: 3 years warranty
Compatible Bays: 1 x internal - 2.5" x 1/6H

"_paul" <getNOSPAM@get2net.dk> wrote in message
> I have a 20GB IBM DJSA-220 drive on my I8K. It does its job and 20GB is
enough for me,
> but I would like a less noisy and faster drive.
> Any recommendations?
>
> Powerdrain is no issue. The battery is almost dead anyway.

That is a good example of what kind of information you can get from Dell. Nothing about
noise level, nothing about performance. Just warranty and compatibility....

BigJim wrote:
> Pulled this from Dell web site just make sure you get the right form
> factor and update the bios if necessary
>

> Form Factor: 2.5" x 1/6H
> Capacity: 60 GB
> Height: 1.3 cm
> Device Type: Hard drive - internal
> Dimensions (WxDxH): 1.3 cm
> Interface Type: IDE
> Type: Hard drive - internal
> Connections: 1 x storage - IDE
> Compatibility: PC
> Product Description: CMS Easy-Plug Easy-Go hard drive - 60 GB - IDE
> Service & Support: 3 years warranty
> Service & Support Details: Limited warranty - 3 years
> Manufacturer Warranty: 3 years warranty
> Compatible Bays: 1 x internal - 2.5" x 1/6H
>
> "_paul" <getNOSPAM@get2net.dk> wrote in message
>> I have a 20GB IBM DJSA-220 drive on my I8K. It does its job and 20GB is enough for
me,
>> but I would like a less noisy and faster drive.
>> Any recommendations?
>>
>> Powerdrain is no issue. The battery is almost dead anyway.

BigJim

that message just gives you the info to get the right size drive, it is up
to you to research
the quietness etc/
"_paul" <getNOSPAM@get2net.dk> wrote in message
> I have a 20GB IBM DJSA-220 drive on my I8K. It does its job and 20GB is
enough for me,
> but I would like a less noisy and faster drive.
> Any recommendations?
>
> Powerdrain is no issue. The battery is almost dead anyway.

Can you recommend a newsgroup where i could start my research?

BigJim wrote:
> that message just gives you the info to get the right size drive, it is up
> to you to research
> the quietness etc/
> "_paul" <getNOSPAM@get2net.dk> wrote in message
>> I have a 20GB IBM DJSA-220 drive on my I8K. It does its job and 20GB is enough for
me,
>> but I would like a less noisy and faster drive.
>> Any recommendations?
>>
>> Powerdrain is no issue. The battery is almost dead anyway.

BigJim

comp.sys.laptops