[SOLVED] recommendations

Aug 18, 2020
Hey guys,

I am in the market for a PSU looking for around 750-850W. I was looking at the thermaltake grandpower but a lot of the reviews saying that it fries their system. I would love any recommendations for ones with rgb but I know that will cost more, which is a down side. Also any that is semi modular or fully. Please and thanks

Solution
Do you have a recommendation for a non rgb one, I don’t believe the rgb psu can be paired up with the pc
Check this list and find one that's available where you live. Stay with tier A or B if your budget allows. You'll need a good quality power supply for the RX 5700 XT.
Hey guys,

I am in the market for a PSU looking for around 750-850W. I was looking at the thermaltake grandpower but a lot of the reviews saying that it fries their system. I would love any recommendations for ones with rgb but I know that will cost more, which is a down side. Also any that is semi modular or fully. Please and thanks
Choice of wattage should be based on your system specs. It would help if you listed your parts. These are decent quality-
https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/YzjNnQ,4vhmP6,ffCFf7/

Aug 18, 2020
The specs are:
Msi B450 Gaming pro carbon AC
Ryzen 7 2700x
Id-Cooling zoomflow 360x
Asus radeon 5700xt 8g oc
Inland m.2 512gb
seagate 2tb
WD 1TB
I currently have a 650w but the recommendation for the GPU is 650w so I would like to set it around 750 to be safe

The specs are:
Msi B450 Gaming pro carbon AC
Ryzen 7 2700x
Id-Cooling zoomflow 360x
Asus radeon 5700xt 8g oc
Inland m.2 512gb
seagate 2tb
WD 1TB
I currently have a 650w but the recommendation for the GPU is 650w so I would like to set it around 750 to be safe
There's already some level of over-provisioning with a 650 watt model. You don't need a 750W. The 650w recommendation is for the whole system, not just the GPU. You didn't list the brand and model of the PSU you have now.

Aug 18, 2020
There's already some level of over-provisioning with a 650 watt model. You don't need a 750W. The 650w recommendation is for the whole system, not just the GPU. You didn't list the brand and model of the PSU you have now.
Oh it’s a corsair cx600 I meant 600 watts not 650 my bad, so I am better off getting a 650w one?

Do you have a recommendation for a non rgb one, I don’t believe the rgb psu can be paired up with the pc
Check this list and find one that's available where you live. Stay with tier A or B if your budget allows. You'll need a good quality power supply for the RX 5700 XT.

Solution