Recommended 24" Gaming Monitor

tommy6860

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2007
Hey all,

Anyone have good suggestions for a quality 24" gaming monitor? With the PC I am having built, I want a good monitor with 1920x1200 resolution.

tommy6860

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2007

Thanks for the reply,

Yes, the ToC T240HD looks real nice. I'm trying to pick one and it is a bummer to choose which one. It has been almost six years from my last PC purchase and I am getting a high end gaming rig, so I want the right 24" monitor for the gaming I will be doing.. Thanks again!

my pleasure...

just a heads up, if you buy a monitor online there is a small chance that you might get one with a dead pixel/pixels due to harsh transportation and handling. If you have the option to get it shipped by fed-ex don't hesitate to do so since they treat their packages better than UPS, or at least that has been my experience. Out of 7 monitors that I have purchased online 2 came pretty banged up (UPS) and had to return them for an RMA. The only downside is that fed-ex shipping is more expensive.... Hope this helps...

joebobsteve

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
The T240HD has bad color accuracy and a bad viewing angle. As you can see in the video, the colors look washed out, especially on the top part of the screen. You basically need to be sitting above the monitor to see the whole screen clearly.

I have the T260HD. Its big and inexpensive, thats why I like it. Its annoying when the level is dark and I stand up to find out that there is a lot to see in that dark area but the monitors viewing angle is causing me to see darkness.

If youre going to get a T2xx monitor get the T260HD or get a monitor that doesnt have a TN panel.

computernewbie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
I was considering the T260HD before, but after i saw a glossy monitor, that made all the difference, apperently the vividness in colors is a BIG difference, just look at your plasma TV, (if you have one), their glossy. Sadly theres not alot glossy monitors (atleast not that i know of) that are 24 inches

TRENDING THREADS