Question Recommended air cooler for a r9-5900X

I know AMD recommends water cooling with the 5800/5900/5950X CPUs.

However, I distrust water cooling (I know it will leak sooner or later), plus my case is already full of fans so it doesn't have space for a radiator.

I plan to buy a 5900X when they finally become available again, and want to overlock it to 5 GHz if possible.

My Motherboard is an AS Rock Phantom Gaming 4 X570 ATX board

What would be a good air cooler to try this with? preferably one not too difficult to assemble as I've generally only used stock coolers until now.
Was thinking of Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4, butthat might be overkill,seeing as its rated fora 220W CPU, and the 5900X drawm 142 mnax.

idkwhattonamethisacc

Great
BANNED
Oct 31, 2020
If you want compact maybe get the noctua nh u14s since ive heard that it has remarkable cooling performance, but if you want something that will be able to provide the cooling neccesary to oc past 5.3 ghz or just want your cpu to run really cool then yes a dark rock 4 is the best solution from what i know and if thats not enough then you you could use tec cooling with a dark rock 4 but only if you are willing to do custom wiring and paying extra power bills xD

idkwhattonamethisacc

Great
BANNED
Oct 31, 2020
Oh and if you want a comprimize between air and water cooling then maybe make a watecooling loop and fill it with non conductive fluid like mineral oil, but obviously its still gonna be a mess if it leaks just that it wont kill your components

Oh and if you want a comprimize between air and water cooling then maybe make a watecooling loop and fill it with non conductive fluid like mineral oil, but obviously its still gonna be a mess if it leaks just that it wont kill your components

eh, air coolers don't make a mess.

I'm looking Coolers like:
be quiet! Pure Rock 2
be quiet! dark rock 4
Noctua NH-U12S
Arctic Freezer 34 eSports
Arctic Freezer 34 eSports DUO

TRENDING THREADS