[SOLVED] Recommended Bluetooth Devices for Gaming?

dizhydron

Reputable
Nov 11, 2018
Hello!

I have an Intel Bluetooth Device built-in that's never really worked that great on top of an Aventree DG45 Bluetooth 5.0 Dongle. I've found that both of these leave me with a lot of connection issues with using controllers wirelessly. Drift problems and connectivity problems that I don't experience when using the controller with its native console, or when plugging them into my PC via USB.

I also have an 8-bitdo adapter for using non-Nintendo controllers on Switch and did try it out on PC a while ago. While it did work better than the others, It still gave me a bit of trouble.

Does anyone know of anything that might help with this problem? I don't think it's a connectivity issue as it's only happening with my controllers which makes me think it's more just compatibility with nonnative USB devices. I'm also only about 6 feet away from the adapter at most. I'd ideally like to not buy a new USB dongle, but if there is one that's specifically optimized for game controllers on PC I might get it. I've also been considering getting an x-box controller for PC as that might be better optimized for general USB than SONY or Nintendo products might.

I'd appreciate your feedback! Thank you for your time!

Solution
On the flipside, I have an ASUS Bluetooth adapter that's worked fine with my 8-bitdo controller and on/off with the various Xbox One controller's I've paired up with it. I've had more problems with the wireless adapter for Xbox controllers, and I've used two of them on separate PCs.

I've also had a lot of success with a DualShock 4 controller over Bluetooth and used DS4Windows to make it look like an Xbox controller.
On the flipside, I have an ASUS Bluetooth adapter that's worked fine with my 8-bitdo controller and on/off with the various Xbox One controller's I've paired up with it. I've had more problems with the wireless adapter for Xbox controllers, and I've used two of them on separate PCs.

I've also had a lot of success with a DualShock 4 controller over Bluetooth and used DS4Windows to make it look like an Xbox controller.

Reactions: dizhydron
Solution

dizhydron

Reputable
Nov 11, 2018
I use the XBox Wireless adapter. Never have any connection issues, its lower latency, enables the headset socket on xbox controllers or can also connect the xbox headsets.

Thanks for the input! Does that work only with Xbox brand controllers or will it work with other controllers as well like the DuelSense and Switch Pro Controller? I've been considering getting xbox controllers for a while now but haven't since I mostly have Nintendo and Sony consoles.

dizhydron

Reputable
Nov 11, 2018
Only XBox

Good to know.

Do you have a link to the adapter you use? Also, can you clarify what you mean by "8-bitdo controller?"