[SOLVED] Recommended budget aftermarket cooler for Ryzen 3600?

TLTH

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2014
Hello. I'm about to make a build using a tray Ryzen 5 3600, I read about cases where the stock fan was rather ineffective so I would've thrown the stock fan away if it was box version anyway.

So I read many people recommend a Noctua, but that's almost half I would pay for the CPU. Then some people said they used a Master Cooler Hyper 212, but I both read a couple of mixed review and there are so many different versions of that cooler line I don't understand which one is better.

Do you have a recommendation from within ths Hyper 212's? Or perhaps a different suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hello. I'm about to make a build using a tray Ryzen 5 3600, I read about cases where the stock fan was rather ineffective so I would've thrown the stock fan away if it was box version anyway.

So I read many people recommend a Noctua, but that's almost half I would pay for the CPU. Then some people said they used a Master Cooler Hyper 212, but I both read a couple of mixed review and there are so many different versions of that cooler line I don't understand which one is better.

Do you have a recommendation from within ths Hyper 212's? Or perhaps a different suggestion?

Thanks in advance.
I too have the 3600 and i understand your issue, personally i'd switch to a dark rock slim, which should be better then a 212

Thanks in advance.
I too have the 3600 and i understand your issue, personally i'd switch to a dark rock slim, which should be better then a 212

Solution

Thanks in advance.
I was considering a Scythe Mugen 5 rev B for my 3600

TLTH

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2014
Thanks for the suggestion. After looking through their available coolers I decided the Shadow Rock 3 would be the best option. A bit more expensive than some of the 212 versions but it seems to receive great ratings both for cooling capacity and noise levels.