Question Recommended coolers for a E5-2690 V2

So since my h60 is no longer working properly I'm looking to get a new cooler and had my eyes on a noctua nhd 15 but I don't seem to have enough clearance for that so that's a bummer.

Currently on a i7 3820 but I'm going to put in a e5 2690 v2 in there really soon.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
So what are your options? You are moving from a 4/8 to a 10/20 and that's going to be a serious bump in heat that nothing close to a h60 (or its air counterpart the hyper212) can handle. I'd be looking at decent 240mm minimum, good 280mm or even a 360mm to handle that kind of heat output if your programs can hit 20 threads.

So what are your options? You are moving from a 4/8 to a 10/20 and that's going to be a serious bump in heat that nothing close to a h60 (or its air counterpart the hyper212) can handle. I'd be looking at decent 240mm minimum, good 280mm or even a 360mm to handle that kind of heat output if your programs can hit 20 threads.

I'm making a custom glass panel that will be multi layered limiting my air coolers to a absolute max of 145mm (probably whilst making it I'll lose another couple so to be safe lets say 140mm).

My front supports up to a 360mm rad which will not be obstructed so that should be fine. I'm however not looking to spend heaps on a cooler, just something good enough to cool it.