[SOLVED] Recommended cooling for Ryzen 2700x

Solution
Lol, yes, it's a proper space heater that 9590, even when pushed to 5GHz my 8350 didn't heat up that much. I think when you have proper case cooling, original 2700x cooler will be good. I had it on mine for a month until I got AM4 kit for CM Nepton 140xl and worked fine even up to 4.2GHz OC on all cores although it was at that time hitting about 75c under full load. BTW, that Nepton is holding CPU to no more than 65c, no matter what.

mtracy1991

Reputable

I'm using a cooler master fan for this. The damn PC is an oven, lol. A quick story, I left the heat off last year in my small gaming room and turned this bad boy of a PC on and the whole room was heated within 30 minutes. I have to readjust the small fan on the cpu because I was a noob and put the fan on the wrong way. Later today I am cleaning out the PC.

Also, I saw that FX-9590 is REQUIRED to have liquid cooling (correct me if I am wrong). I am using the stock FX 9590, no OC. When I get my Ryzen, I won't be OCing. But I am currently looking for a case with a lot of room to throw multiple fans/liquid cooling in.

Lol, yes, it's a proper space heater that 9590, even when pushed to 5GHz my 8350 didn't heat up that much. I think when you have proper case cooling, original 2700x cooler will be good. I had it on mine for a month until I got AM4 kit for CM Nepton 140xl and worked fine even up to 4.2GHz OC on all cores although it was at that time hitting about 75c under full load. BTW, that Nepton is holding CPU to no more than 65c, no matter what.

Solution

mtracy1991

Reputable

I'm assuming this is running games in ultra?

mtracy1991

Reputable
Respect!

I'll run some testing once I finish my setup and see if liquid cooling is even needed. I've been looking for some cases that have a decent amount of fans within it. So far I only located the Rosewill Nighthawk and the White Gaming edition .