Recommended CPU Cooler around £40-£60 Air or AIO

Strategos2411

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016
Hi folks, I've been a user of Toms Hardware forums for a while, usually just looking though, but never signing up, until today.

I've only recently started using a mid-high end(?) PC and I'm looking for some advice.

My rig -

AvP Venom Black Gaming Case - http://
CPU - i7 4790k @ Base stock, Turbo Boost disabled
Ram - Corsair Vengeance Pro Red @ 2400mhz
HDD - Seagate 1TB 7200rpm
HDD2 - WDC 1TB 7200rpm
GPU - MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770
PSU - XFX Pro Series 750w
CPU Cooler - Hyper 103(Also have a Arctic Freezer Pro 7 v2 currently unused)

I know this has been asked alot, and I did read the forum rules, but as there are so many variations of PC builds, with maybe similar components, but very different performance or outcome...

Which CPU Cooler do you guys recommend, would like at a minimum to be running under 70c, with Turbo Boost enabled. With both the coolers listed above, my temps would rise to high 60s or low 70s(MX-4 Thermal Compound) with Turbo Boost enabled. So I am running the CPU with Turbo Boost off, because as soon I have to run the rig for a few hours (gaming/streaming/rendering vids etc) the temps have gone to the high 70s or even mid 80s.

I have taken all steps at least twice with booth coolers, to remove, clean, and reinstall the cooler, maybe with only a few degrees improvement (like 2-4c).

My case currently has 1x120mm intake on the front, 1x120mm Exhaust at the back, and 2x120mm fans on the top of the case(They came installed and I forgot to check if they are pushing or pulling air, will check soon) and I believe they are all Cooler Master fans(don't know much more than that).

Any advice is greatly appreciated, and I have currently been looking at the following -

Liqmax 120s
Nepton 120XL
Hyper 212 Evo (May be a tight fit as my mac fan height is 160mm)
Antec H20 H1200 Pro(not even sure this would fit in my case lol)

Strategos2411

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016

Thanks for taking the time to respond

Looks good and it will fit my case. Have you had experience with a H7 in the past, and what do ya think the opportunity is for mild OC are with it the H7?

Strategos2411

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016

Awesome, i'll add it to the list of potential upgrades lol. Thanks again for the help.

TRENDING THREADS