Question Recommended CPU cooler

Barkfunklerbunk

Prominent
Nov 20, 2019
My main concern is aesthetics. Wondering what sort of CPU/AIO cooler I can go for with..
Case: Thermaltake core v1
Mobo: Asus rog strix b450-i
Ram: corsair vengeance lpx ram
CPU: amd ryzen 5 2600
There is barely any clearance from my AMD stock cooler and the ram. There is plenty of space above in the case, so my main concern is ram clearance. With the front 200mm stock intake fan, stock amd cpu fan, and 2x 80mm rear exhaust noctua fans my pc keeps quite cool, but I'm wanting something a little more aesthetically pleasing than the stock fan, and if I ever feel like overclocking, I will need something better, I think, for the CPU. Budget around 60-100, but flexible for something really cool (no pun intended) and solid.
I've heard you really can't go wrong with Noctua, but those brown color schemes don't do it for me. Luckily, the 80mm noctuas are gray/black which match my color scheme. There is a splash of red on my sapphire rx 580.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That was a mouthful. 😉 Whomever designed that Hyper212 bracket needed to have his head examined. Twice.

To sink a decent aio in the core v1 you'd be looking at replacing that 200mm fan with a 140mm aio like the Corsair H90 which does roughly the same as a 100i 240mm, but doesn't quite have its top end capacity. My preference would be the nzxt Kraken X42, I think their pump has far better aesthetics appeal than anything Corsair has to offer and was well pleased with the temp/audible performance of my X61 for over 6 years (24/7 use) before I retired it.

Reactions: Barkfunklerbunk