Question Recommended digital cameras good for stream/prolonged periods of usage.

johnmiami6315

Commendable
Jul 18, 2018
After finding out that my current Fuji X-S10 can't be on for more than two hours without seriously overheating, I'm now looking for a good camera that can be on for at least a couple of hours (video calls with friends).
Budget is flexible so if anyone can give me different options differing in price, that'd be great.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

johnmiami6315

Commendable
Jul 18, 2018
video call? why not just a webcam?
Ah it looks like I forgot to include that I was hoping to use it for streaming as well. I’ve got a Logitech webcam but I don’t really like their focal lengths. So I was hoping for some recommendations on decent quality cameras that can be used for that purpose.
My apologies!

USAFRet

Titan
Ah it looks like I forgot to include that I was hoping to use it for streaming as well. I’ve got a Logitech webcam but I don’t really like their focal lengths. So I was hoping for some recommendations on decent quality cameras that can be used for that purpose.
My apologies!
Your current Fuji is WAY overkill for a videochat webcam thing.
Or simply "streaming".

"but I don’t really like their focal lengths"
Please define what you don't like.

johnmiami6315

Commendable
Jul 18, 2018
Your current Fuji is WAY overkill for a videochat webcam thing.
Or simply "streaming".

"but I don’t really like their focal lengths"
Please define what you don't like.
Ah sorry I should have explained that better, in my limited experience with webcams it always feels like the right distance to be from the webcam is about a foot, and anything further will lose the nice blurred background that makes videos look so nice. I have a Logitech Brio which was placed maybe two and a half feet away from me when sitting at my desk. And when it focused on me the entire background (which is my bedroom) was also in focus.

I guess to summarize, I just really like that nice background blur that my Fuji gives when it focuses on me and the webcam I have doesn't do it.

Last edited: