Hi all. I have a build with the following specs:

CPU: Intel i5 8600K (not delidded)
Mobo: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB (2x8) DDR4 2666MHz
GPU: Asus ROG STRIX GTX 1080 A8G
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB 360mm AIO Cooler
Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA RGB
PSU: Corsair RM750X

Which brings me to my question, is there any possibility that my fan config is bad or improper, and what fans would be recommended to use with the H150i instead of the currently installed LL120s and ML120s? My current fan configuration of the H150i is 3 x LL120 in PUSH config, and 2 x ML120 in PULL config. The reason is because I'm trying to avoid having lots of dust being blown into the HDD/ PSU shroud. If you need a quick glance of how it looks like: https://gph.is/2CzBNd1

I've looked up on the 3 different fans I have, which are LL120 RGB (from a 3-fan pack), ML120 (H150i's stock rad fans) and HD120 RGB (Spec Omega RGB's stock case fans). Do note that the specs of the ML120 fans in a H150i cooler ARE NOT the same as the ML120 PRO non-RGB, but it is instead similar to the ML120 PRO RGB LED, which I used for the comparison list in the link given below, as I couldn't find the exact ML120 fans that came with the H150i.

Fan comparison list: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/7JnG3C,m8hj4D,FJx2FT/

Sad to say, the stock fans on the H150i are the weakest among the 3 fans I have. On the Corsair website they listed the H150i to include three 120mm fans of the ML series, but its performance is far weaker than the ML120 PRO single fans they have for sale, which really got me wondering why.

Oh btw, I don’t mind higher noise levels when fans spin under high load, so it’s cooling performance > sound for me. And I’m also trying to overclock to 5GHz with VCore under 1.39V but still no luck.

Solution
I myself with what you have and with what you are concerned about would do the push pull but rad up top exhausting.

Rad infront as intake with pull dust in through the rad dust in rad not good either.

As good as water coolers are they do lack the ability of blowing air across the vrm's as a stock fan does.
If you put the rad uptop at least you are exhausting the air out pulling air in from the front and bottom depending on your case,
helping with moving air up towards the vrm's and out.
Your going to have dust unless you have a dust free clean lab.
Going for 5ghz will produce a lot of heat atleast with rad up top the heat is expelled right away.
Good luck.
Jan 19, 2019
Thanks for the reply! I was meaning to ask another question though, which was if the way I setup my fans brings worse or better performance. Sorry if my post was lengthy or if I wasn’t straightforward.

But to answer you, currently I just wanna seek everyone’s opinion on the way I installed my fans and hopefully to find a solution without spending any money at all. Do you have an idea of how you would’ve installed them instead, given the 3 different models of fans I have? They are as follows:

6 x LL120 (600 - 1500 RPM, 43.25 CFM, 1.61 mmH2O, 24.8 dB)
3 X ML120 (400 - 1600 RPM, 47.3 CFM, 1.78 mmH2O, 25 dB)
2 X HD120 (800 - 1725 RPM, 54.4 CFM, 2.25 mmH2O, 18-30 dB)

Btw I’ll edit my first post for my question to be seen easier.

I myself with what you have and with what you are concerned about would do the push pull but rad up top exhausting.

Rad infront as intake with pull dust in through the rad dust in rad not good either.

As good as water coolers are they do lack the ability of blowing air across the vrm's as a stock fan does.
If you put the rad uptop at least you are exhausting the air out pulling air in from the front and bottom depending on your case,
helping with moving air up towards the vrm's and out.
Your going to have dust unless you have a dust free clean lab.
Going for 5ghz will produce a lot of heat atleast with rad up top the heat is expelled right away.
Good luck.

Solution
Jan 19, 2019

Wow thanks for the informative reply, learnt something new. Unfortunately the Carbide Spec Omega RGB case provides very little headroom for a rad to be mounted up top. There is barely any space left between the vrm heatsink and fans after I installed them.
https://imgur.com/a/ei3YNV0
ei3YNV0

Spec Omega RGB fan/ radiator capacity:
https://imgur.com/a/4E7YURa
4E7YURa

^ Although Corsair did mention this, many reviewers couldn't fit a rad up top. One review showed that they did manage to fit a thinner 240mm rad and fans, but even a thin piece of paper could barely fit in between in between the fan and HyperX Fury memory sticks installed on the mobo. And also, having a triple-fan GPU and using the HDD cage and shroud leaves very little space between them and the fan/ radiator.

https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16811133336?Keyword=thermaltake%20f31
This my case that i have for 2 of 3 systems i have. Plenty of room.
If thats your setup in the pic how is you temp?
Ya rgb fans don't have the cfm's but they look cool lol.
So at least you now know a good fan for pushing some cfm's.
Those 120's push 110 cfm at 3000rpm.
My 140's push upwards of 130 or over cfm.
They are load but when I'm stress testing with prime95 small ffts on my amd r 5 2600x it stays 76c max all night long.

Jan 19, 2019
My issue is pertaining to high temps, sorry. Just wanted to look around if there’s any solutions to improve temps, though I know any possible solution would only help with -2C to 3C at most. But I value every input and will try to make the utmost best out of every comment that’s provided