[SOLVED] Recommended Fan speed

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Hi All,

What is recommended manual fan speed settings for CPU, GPU and system FAN's?

At what temperature we need to set % of Fan for each component separately (CPU, GPU and system FAN's?)

Please tell me % of fan according to Temp which works best for all 3.

Solution
It doesn't matter at all what fan speed, it solely depends on your system and how it performs.
If your computer is loud and distracting, set it to silent.
If its overheating, set it to Turbo
If you just want the fan to run, set it to Auto.
I have my fan at turbo and my GPU fans always at 50% because it gets a little hot however it is just a simple matter of preference.
Hi All,

What is recommended manual fan speed settings for CPU, GPU and system FAN's?

At what temperature we need to set % of Fan for each component separately (CPU, GPU and system FAN's?)

Please tell me % of fan according to Temp which works best for all 3.
That much depends on parts used any type of cooling but set fan speed is not best way. There's no "one fits all" setting.

D

Do you mean i will set fan speed curve to auto.

I guess Auto is never recommended.
Why would auto not be recommended ?
In general, I set fan rpms to peek at about 90% of allowable temps of parts they are cooling, CPU air cooler for instance, If CPU is allowed to hit let's say 70c, I wold set it's fan curve so it hits top rpm at 65c. and minimum rpm at temperature of CPU at idle. Just straight line between two points.
Similar for case and GPU fans although modern GPUs also have quiet mode where fans don't even start at certain temps.

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
modern GPUs also have quiet mode where fans don't even start at certain temps.
Even Quiet mode is also not good.

I'd never tell anyone to use auto, because the auto profiles suck.
A)On the models that have 0% fan profiles, they'll stay off until 60C - perhaps higher - then as soon as they hit the temperature target, they jump up to 80% speed, and as soon as dips below 60C.
Actual in game loads are going to fluctuate; they're not synthetic like some gpu benchmarks. So the fans will just continue to rev up and down like that. That behavior will just about annoy anyone.

It doesn't matter at all what fan speed, it solely depends on your system and how it performs.
If your computer is loud and distracting, set it to silent.
If its overheating, set it to Turbo
If you just want the fan to run, set it to Auto.
I have my fan at turbo and my GPU fans always at 50% because it gets a little hot however it is just a simple matter of preference.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution