[SOLVED] Recommended GPU for B550 AORUS ELITE V2 ?

robertowen1971

Reputable
Sep 1, 2019
I have a budget of £250 Max and looking for a compatible GPU 4-8GB (although 8GB will probably be second hand or refurbished) for a B550 AORUS ELITE V2 (Which has been bios flashed by supplier)

I would like to surf the web, do a little house keeping (office, word, excel) and play a few games, like skyrim, fallout, gta, and maybe a newish game like stalker 2, even if it is on low level settings, I dont mind.

Can i get some recommendations please?

Last edited:
Solution
No probs, you're very welcome.

A GTX1050ti with 1gb? You must be mistaken. I'm positive the GTX1050ti is a 4gb card.

You could also look at an RX570 8gb, or 5500xt 8gb. They are both good performers at 1080p (FHD on your monitor).

Increasing mem size can help performance in some scenarios, but will not generally give a boost in performance. For that you need a higher level of GPU.

I've a similar system as your own. I've got a RTX 3060Ti which is a good balanced mix with our CPU (5600X).

robertowen1971

Reputable
Sep 1, 2019
They only way you'll get meaningful recommendations is by explaining what you'll be using your PC for.
Thanks Phillip,

i would like to surf the web, do a little house keeping and play a few games, like skyrim, fallout, gta, and maybe a newish game even if it is on low level i dont mind. i hope that answers the question.

I have a budget of £250 Max and looking for a compatible GPU 4-8GB (although 8GB will probably be second hand or refurbished) for a B550 AORUS ELITE V2 (Which has been bios flashed by supplier)

I would like to surf the web, do a little house keeping (office, word, excel) and play a few games, like skyrim, fallout, gta, and maybe a newish game like stalker 2, even if it is on low level settings, I dont mind.

Please list your PC specs in FULL as suggested, then we can advise better.

That's a real tough call with £250. GPU's are costing a bomb right now, so there's no value to be had.

You're talking about GTX1650 S, GTX1060, RX5500XT. Those realms of cards fit the budget (mostly). However you are already on a GTX1050ti, which isn't that far off the performance of the cards we are talking about.

Edit: possibly looking at second hand for these to keep cost within budget.

Just a note: None of those cards will max out your monitors refresh rate (144hz) in modern games. You would need a much better card for that.

Last edited:

robertowen1971

Reputable
Sep 1, 2019
That's a real tough call with £250. GPU's are costing a bomb right now, so there's no value to be had.

You're talking about GTX1650 S, GTX1060, RX5500XT. Those realms of cards fit the budget (mostly). However you are already on a GTX1050ti, which isn't that far off the performance of the cards we are talking about.

Edit: possibly looking at second hand for these to keep cost within budget.

Just a note: None of those cards will max out your monitors refresh rate (144hz) in modern games. You would need a much better card for that.
Thanks Keith
I realise that there is considerable expense when it comes to gpu and that’s why I’m here for advice and help in choosing a compatible card at least. My card is only 1gb and therefore in order to try to keep up, I was looking to upgrade this card to a 4gb to 8gb in the hope that it’ll help performance. Since upgrading motherboard, cpu, and memory, it has helped push me a little forward due to my last board being maxed out with current gpu. I have looked and found those cards, one specifically for around £200 at cex. However I found another card gtx 1070 at same place for £240, an 8gb card. What do you think?
Again thanks for your input.

A GTX1050ti with 1gb? You must be mistaken. I'm positive the GTX1050ti is a 4gb card.

You could also look at an RX570 8gb, or 5500xt 8gb. They are both good performers at 1080p (FHD on your monitor).

Increasing mem size can help performance in some scenarios, but will not generally give a boost in performance. For that you need a higher level of GPU.

I've a similar system as your own. I've got a RTX 3060Ti which is a good balanced mix with our CPU (5600X).

Solution

robertowen1971

Reputable
Sep 1, 2019

You're right it is a 4gb card, I'm lost for words lol. i'm obviously confused by my last card which was a 1gb and I obviously upgraded to a 4gb.

Anyway, thanks Keith, your input is greatly appreciated