Recommended graphics card for build

stevenk92

Distinguished
May 10, 2011

would the 660ti be able to handle 2x 1080p monitors with its low memory bandwidth?

Hazle

Distinguished
7870 or a 660ti. you may be able to find some 7950s for sale within your budget

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphire-video-card-1003522l

if this is primarily for gaming and gaming alone, and you haven't gotten the parts yet, i suggest dropping down to a 3570K, 2x4gb 1600mhz memory, and a quality 600-650w PSU (only if you're not going to run the card in SLI/CF) and use the cash you saved up by getting a 7970/670.

EDIT: if you're going to use two monitors for gaming, i suggest you think it through first and list out the games you wish to play with two monitors if you haven't. some games will play well enough with only two monitors but others are better off with an odd no. of monitors, like first person shooters.

stevenk92

Distinguished
May 10, 2011

I have most of the parts. All I am missing would be the graphics card and the mobo. this build will be for gaming as well as streaming content as well. I do hope to run sli/cf in the future but still debating. Not going to go water cooling until I feel more comfortable. This will be my first hands on build.

I'm not sure how you can game on two monitors. Three I could understand. The crosshairs would be between the screens so impossible to play.

I have a cheap second monitor that I use for extended desktop. Also I can use the monitor to monitor my CPU, GPU, and fans.

stevenk92

Distinguished
May 10, 2011

that is basically what I will be using my 2nd monitor for as well as browsing and other things rather than having to tab out constantly

stevenk92

Distinguished
May 10, 2011

690 is not within my budget.

As for sumukh, is there a reason why amd causes stuttering?
*i know lots of questions and goin off topic sorry*
I believe nvidia is my choice of graphics card then :)

SevenVirtues

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
Asus DCUII GTX 670. This is what I have and runs everything like butter at ultra. It has the same board as the GTX 680 which is much more expensive and you can use the built in tweak tool to OC the settings to 680 levels.

I've got 2 monitors plugged in right now but only use one for gaming and the other for watching movies or browsing (they're different sizes 1080, 1050 so I cant game across both) and it runs great with low temps.

It's also the quietest 670 card especially at high temps.

Sumukh_Bhagat

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
Dude, No problem.
I've been here in the forums from Days. I've experienced that many of the AMD users Complain here that their Card Stutters and doesn't give good Quality Image. Like this : http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/zane14785/Jagged.jpg
I've seen a even bad Image than this but Can't find the link, from the Same guy. That guy got a 7950, still got bad problems.
Wastage of Money. :(

So I just recommend you to get Nvidia cards.
The only reasons that AMD cards get High fps is they stutter and don't render everything nicely, Hence go very fast and get High fps.