Recommended HDD

luis94uk

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
Hey guys , im looking to purchase a new hard-drive, im in the uk so as such looking for a pricing in GBP ,

im either looking for a 1tb or a 2tb and would like to know if anyone knows any that are specifically good , any deals or pricings on i should know of before going ahead with a purchase and also if there are any specs i should considor e.g i have seen the ones with 7200 (rpm? )

RealBeast

Titan
If it is just for storage a green drive (5400-5900 rpm) is fine, if for OS or programs or both go with a WD Black or a Hitachi Deskstar 7200 rpm. I use both and they perform well and I've had no issues (knock on wood) out of hundreds of them.

luis94uk

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011

Yeah this extra drive is just for additional storage, and just curious as to what a green drive is ? and does it cost extra for one ?

RealBeast

Titan
The green drives, like the WD Green is usually a little cheaper. I have a number of the 2tb Green drives for storage. It is more energy efficient as it parks the heads quicker, but then does take a bit longer when first accessed.

luis94uk

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
any suggestions or links on a popular / cheap or overall just a good hard-drive to get then ! and real beast about the taking longer when first accessed . i use more computer for long durations so this wont be a major issue

TRENDING THREADS