alannm37

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2013
Hi all, I've just purchased a pair of DT 770s 250 ohm headphones.
After some research I've noticed people mentioning a DAC/AMP is needed to power the 250 ohm model.
I've no experience in the audio area and I'm sure a lot of people are scared off by it just like I am.
I've had the same €50 pair of Sony headphones for over 6 years.

Since I need to invest in a DAC/AMP, is there anything budget friendly which I can use to power these headphones?
I was also thinking of buying an XLR mic down the line to record some singing and guitar audio.
Maybe the DAC/AMP could also support these so I don't need to upgrade once I do invest in some audio gear?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
After some research I've noticed people mentioning a DAC/AMP is needed to power the 250 ohm model.
I've no experience in the audio area and I'm sure a lot of people are scared off by it just like I am.

Since I need to invest in a DAC/AMP, is there anything budget friendly which I can use to power these headphones?
I was also thinking of buying an XLR mic down the line to record some singing and guitar audio.
Maybe the DAC/AMP could also support these so I don't need to upgrade once I do invest in some audio gear?

Thanks in advance.

FX Audio DAC-X6 is probably the cheapest "good" model to get, I...

HamsterKing

Reputable
Sep 2, 2015

Thanks in advance.
Hi, you can take a look at Schiit Fulla or HEL, model

Thanks in advance.

FX Audio DAC-X6 is probably the cheapest "good" model to get, I have one, like it quite a bit and the true line out jacks work great with powered speakers so you can have the volume set on headphones and the speakers separately. The Shiit ones are also good, and give you the option of using a gaming headset directly to the DAC/AMP, but will cost you $30 or so extra. I would rather spend that money on a better headphone, when I was looking at what to get they were on my list but the cheaper one won out due to the line out on it and the cost, I just use a blue snowball mic with my headphones for chat.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS