[SOLVED] Recommended in-between for i5-4460 and Ryzen 5 2600

Nov 5, 2019
Hello, Everyone,

I am currently using an i5-4460 processor without a video card backed up with 8gb ram, I want to play games smoothly like dota2 or nba2k20. Not a fan of any AAA games.

But, mid-year 2020 I will be upgrading my whole unit to a much better processor, ryzen5 2600x for the sole purpose of being able to use it for multiple VMs.

What video card would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Mid 2020, you are probably going to want an R5 3600. Are you looking to purchase a graphics card now? If so, what is your budget, and the make/model, of the power supply?
Nov 5, 2019
Mid 2020, you are probably going to want an R5 3600. Are you looking to purchase a graphics card now? If so, what is your budget, and the make/model, of the power supply?

Hi logainofhades,

Yes before the end of the year I will be looking to purchase a graphics card my budget is around $175-$200. Please do note that I am not a heavy gamer and will continue to use the i5 till the mid-2020. All I want is a card that is both compatible with the intel I am using now to the r5 that I will be buying.

Also, to make more things concise, I am using a 720p monitor which will be upgraded to 1080p ones. I might buy the recommended graphics card and monitor simultaneously.

Thanks for noticing my question!

TRENDING THREADS