Recommended Motherboard for Ryzen 5 2600? (possible cpu overclocking)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2019
I am upgrading from i5 4670k to Ryzen 5 2600. I have been researching non stop and just can't stop coming across mixed reviews between a few boards of interest.
I have a budget of around 100 to 150 GBP.

Few boards I have been looking at is B450 Tomahawk and b450 Gaming Plus.

I have found mixed reviews on these boards (msi in particular) regarding both BIOS Update issues and VRM heat issues when overclocking.

Overclocking the cpu to 4GHz at 1.4v (or less) may be done. So I'm looking for a board that will do this job with little to no issues.

I heard the x470-f boards are a possible board to go for but a little over budget.

Anyone with any other recommendations? and/or could maybe go in to more detail and opinions regarding the mentioned boards. Thanks!

How does that help?

Feb 9, 2019

Has nothing to do with anything I have asked in this thread lol I know how throttling works. I'm just needing recommendations and opinions on what board will be suitable for a Ryzen 2600 that I may possibly overclock

Sorry can't help you, someone will be along at somepoint.

I withheld my opion because of your budget. And supplied away of more info, how you use it or not is up to you.
A simple ok thank you would have been the nice thing to do.
Just remember what opinions are like EVERYBODY HAS 1.
So enough said
Good luck with your updrade.

Feb 9, 2019

Can this thread be deleted? I've started a new one and hope it stays on topic lol, I feel an argument may occur if I continue to reply on here lol

Will do.

Crosslhs your link points to a weak discussion on bottlenecking to a site that's also somewhat weak, if there was a big database of mobos detailing vrm setups and other characteristics that you might not find on retailers then that would be awesome. That's why we've reacted the way I do. I'm closing this one down, feel free to pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.