Question Recommended Reading

NeuroXyPher

Reputable
Feb 5, 2021
Greetings Everyone

I haven't acquired a computer since the 2000s and I intend to invest in a top tier rig (Bitcoin, Deep Learning, Stockfish, etc...) that I might rent out for "computational services" as well.

I know relatively little to nothing about hardware or software for that matter.

I am very impressed with Scott Mueller's 22nd edition and I was wondering if there are more recent, exhaustive publications ?

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank You

kanewolf

Titan
Greetings Everyone

I haven't acquired a computer since the 2000s and I intend to invest in a top tier rig (Bitcoin, Deep Learning, Stockfish, etc...) that I might rent out for "computational services" as well.

I know relatively little to nothing about hardware or software for that matter.

I am very impressed with Scott Mueller's 22nd edition and I was wondering if there are more recent, exhaustive publications ?

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank You
Unless AWS and Google cloud are not available in your country, trying to compete to rent CPU cycles is a loosing idea.

NeuroXyPher

Reputable
Feb 5, 2021
I see. Renting my own raw processing power is noncompetitive indeed. Perhaps join a computing pool ?!

Is anybody aware if AWS, Google or any other entity would pay in exchange of joining their pool ?

Please bare in mind that in this occurrence, I am NOT thinking of a Bitcoin scheme where I might or might not get paid for computational work already done.