[SOLVED] Recommended temps/settings for 1050ti,4790k, Red Dead Redemption 2 Online

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Which in game graphics settings should I be using with this hardware? also 16gb ram. Windows 10 with stock cpu fan, my current settings are: pretty much everything is in either off or low except Texture quality and Tesselation,tree quality set to Medium, 720p 20fps. Using windows power settings to reduce CPU power to min %5 - max %40 active system cooling policy. Getting like 47c-57c depends on the action. It seems even 35fps increases my cpu and gpu heat instantly with this game. MSI Afterburner fan speed set to all time 56% gpu.

Do you have any advices? do you can recommend disabling fullscreen optimizations for RDR2.exe? I play on windowed mode though so I can alt tab properly,

Solution
What IS your CPU and GPU temps?

if you're already using Afterburner, there's no reason you can't have it running with CPU/GPU temp, and usage set to show onscreen, as well as Min/Ave FPS, and RAM and VRAM usage. Post a brief video of it.

One look at this RDR2 graphics settings guide though shows your GPU needs a Low setting, and hits no better than below 50 FPS (I adjusted up a bit for it being Ti version). They in fact don't even show that GPU in any tests that use higher than Low settings. At best you may (or may not if heat is an issue) be able to get same results on 1080p, as that's what they tested at on Low...
What IS your CPU and GPU temps?

if you're already using Afterburner, there's no reason you can't have it running with CPU/GPU temp, and usage set to show onscreen, as well as Min/Ave FPS, and RAM and VRAM usage. Post a brief video of it.

One look at this RDR2 graphics settings guide though shows your GPU needs a Low setting, and hits no better than below 50 FPS (I adjusted up a bit for it being Ti version). They in fact don't even show that GPU in any tests that use higher than Low settings. At best you may (or may not if heat is an issue) be able to get same results on 1080p, as that's what they tested at on Low.
https://www.pcgamer.com/red-dead-re...ments-performance-tweaks-benchmarks-and-more/

Solution