[SOLVED] Recommended upgrade?

Oct 11, 2019
Hello there,

My PC been collecting dust for a while but interested in getting back to playing a few good games from the last years. Not interested in highest quality, but at least want to experience games from the last few years in an okay experience. Some more modern games would be interesting too.

Do I need to get a completely new PC or is there a way for me to get a good experience by only upgrading a few parts?

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.3 Ghz (Sandy Bridge)
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth P67
Graphic Card: 1GB AMD Radeon HD 5700
HD: 120 GB SSD

Thanks for the help!

Solution
Yes you could do with a complete refresh but a good GPU like the AMD RX 570/580 or even better GTX 1660Ti will make a stellar difference to gaming and will be a huge uplift in performance in one fell swoop. You can then later look at going the whole hog and changing to a new platform like Ryzen or Intel 9th Gen and the 1660Ti will still serve you well and perform better.

Oh and if you can find some second hand (Ebay etc) 8GB DDR3 Ram to slot in even better to bring you up to 16GB total. Make sure it is the same speed and rating though...
Yes you could do with a complete refresh but a good GPU like the AMD RX 570/580 or even better GTX 1660Ti will make a stellar difference to gaming and will be a huge uplift in performance in one fell swoop. You can then later look at going the whole hog and changing to a new platform like Ryzen or Intel 9th Gen and the 1660Ti will still serve you well and perform better.

Oh and if you can find some second hand (Ebay etc) 8GB DDR3 Ram to slot in even better to bring you up to 16GB total. Make sure it is the same speed and rating though...

Solution