Recommended XP SP1 Ti4200 driver

morten

Hi.

Did a fresh installation of Windows XP SP1. Installed the 56.72 driver
from nvidia.com. The system would during boot, just after the Windows
XP Pro splash screen hang, and then spontaneously reboot. After this,
it appeard to boot correctly (ignoring the MS "boot in safe mode"
dialog). In an attempt to stabilize this, I updated the driver using
the Windows Update tool. This just made matters worse. At times the
system hangs during boot (again, after the Windows XP splash, before
the "Welcome" splash). After a reset it gets up at times, at other
times it gets up at lower resolution and no nVidia icon in the
processlist (in lower right corner of the screen).

What to do? Are there older, better drivers or workarounds that will
help me stabilize the system?

Thanks a bunch!

Morten

Dino

I am running the 45.23 drivers on my kids system with a Ti4200...go to
guru3d.com and get them there

> I am running the 45.23 drivers on my kids system with a Ti4200...go to
> guru3d.com and get them there

That's what I use on my TI4800. They work great. You can also get them
from Nvidia.com in the driver archive section.

morten

"dino" <whyme@help.com> wrote in message news:<lCUbc.736$wq4.57403@news20.bellglobal.com>...
> I am running the 45.23 drivers on my kids system with a Ti4200...go to
> guru3d.com and get them there

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried 29.42, 45.23 and 56,72. Same
problem with them all. So I guess it's not just the video driver. This
card has earlier worked flawlessly in the same box, only running Win
XP and not SP1.

Craig

I would say that it is something else. I too have a Ti4200 128MB Xtasy
card. I always run the latest driver version. Currently I am running
5.6.7.2 I have yet to have a problem with this or any prior driver for that
matter. Running XP pro SP1 also.

Craig

"Morten" <usenet@kikobu.com> wrote in message
> "dino" <whyme@help.com> wrote in message
> > I am running the 45.23 drivers on my kids system with a Ti4200...go to
> > guru3d.com and get them there
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried 29.42, 45.23 and 56,72. Same
> problem with them all. So I guess it's not just the video driver. This
> card has earlier worked flawlessly in the same box, only running Win
> XP and not SP1.

I get this problem too when I update the driver having Norton Antivirus
activated. Try de-activating any virus protection you may have and disable
auto loading during startup. This solved it for me.

Alexandros