[SOLVED] RECONFIGURE NETGEAR ROUTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgaribay

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
HOW DO I RECONFIGURE THE NETGEAR ROUTER. NETGEAR IS A SCAM. OF COURSE THEY WANT YOU TO PAY THEM TO RESET IT FOR YOU, BUT THEY ARE THE ONES THAT MESSED IT UP SO THAT AFTER A YEAR, YOU COULD NO LONGER CONNECT OTHER DEVICES IN YOUR HOME LIKE IPADS OR LAPTOPS. PURE SCAM. SO I DO I RECONFIGURE IT WITHOUT GOING THROUGH NETGEAR?

Solution

there a reset button on the bottom or back of the router. turn the router off and use a paperclip to hold it in for a few seconds and then turn the unit on. the unit will reset back to factory default where you can log in using the admin and password. that in the router set up guild. you have to turn wepo back on and put in a new wep password and radio name.

there a reset button on the bottom or back of the router. turn the router off and use a paperclip to hold it in for a few seconds and then turn the unit on. the unit will reset back to factory default where you can log in using the admin and password. that in the router set up guild. you have to turn wepo back on and put in a new wep password and radio name.

Solution

benji720

Honorable
May 24, 2012
I agreed with smorizio. To clarify, he means the default username for Netgear routers is "admin" without the quotes and the default password is "password"

To reset the router, just press and hold the button and keep it held for 10 seconds. After it restarts, plug an ethernet cable into it and the other end into the ethernet port on your computer and wait 1-2 minutes for it to get an IP address.

Next, open a web browser (Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer) and find the http://(whatever.com) box. Delete everything in that box and type in "192.168.1.1" without the quotes and press enter. You can then enter in the username and password I gave you above and reconfigure the router!

Status
Not open for further replies.