Record $1 Billion Spent by Shoppers Online on Black Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELMO_2006

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
It only makes sense, from the comfort of one's own home.
Who really has the time to queue up for hours on end or get into fists-to-cuffs for that last toaster on sale!

Maybe to watch some woman lose her weave or the red-neck throwing up in the isle....

G

Imagine if the greedy companies always have those nice prices, imagine the amount of money they would make yearly.

I always shop on-line cause the fact its always alot cheaper than going to local stores that rip you off to make up their losses.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
i admit to buying tech parts on black friday, got a 3570k z77 gigabyte mobo, 16 gigs ram, a 128 gig ssd, a 1 tb hdd and a nzxt h20 cpu cooler for $550 shipped, soem preetty ddecent deals to upgrade an existing tower (keepign jsut the 750watt corsair psu and case replacing a amd phenom based machine... not phenomII the og phenom)

black friday is great i know where all the crazy people are and how to avoid them, and thanks to online shopping i can still get good deals from the comfort of my couch

*edit z77 mobo not p77... p77 what would be the point of the 3570k*

Don't think online is perfect by any means. I found myself fuming over a limit bug on newegg's 2TB Seagate HD sale. It had a limited of 2 and I couldn't even buy one. Guess its why they had the HD up for sale the entire 4 days. Sent them no less than 2 message trying to get one and finally gave up after getting in on a lightning amazon deal for the same $69.99 price.

G

Totally un-related, but READ:

http://semiaccurate.com/2012/11/26/intel-kills-off-the-desktop-pcs-go-with-it/

Tom's need's an "anonymous" contact form for submissions.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
people are still spending this much? I must be looking at the wrong sites because all the deals i've seen are crap.

Only thing that tempts me at the moment is the free Droid RAZR (in "cranberry") from Verizon on a 2 year contract (i've been looking for a phone, the deal isn't great but it's good) and a Rosewill office chair for 40 bucks after 20 dollar rebate and 20 dollar savings with code.

Everything else has been the typical "raise the price around the holidays, then bring it back to what it was 6 months ago and call it a sale" crap.

punahou1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
I regret wasting time on the NewEgg site. Every deal of interest to me was higher than Amazon's regular pricing. (This is because they really gouge for shipping to Hawaii). They say "free shipping" but when you check out a shipping charge mysteriously appears. $20 shipping for a micro sd card is outrageous...

retrophe

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
[citation][nom]JustPosting84[/nom]Totally un-related, but READ:http://semiaccurate.com/2012/11/26 [...] o-with-it/Tom's need's an "anonymous" contact form for submissions.[/citation]

Damn if that is true . . .
might be time to buy AMD stock

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I got an SSD for a friend, 256GB OCZ SSD from Newegg = $160

It was Thursday night.... I then checked the next morning at 5:AM est
and the SSD was already SOLD OUT!

Imagine if I had waited a bit for a better deal....
still waiting for UPS..... hope that everything works
***replacing his "aging" 128 SSD system drive for this one***

G

So glad I already have everything I need. Screw gettting out in that mess for the cheapest chinese crap thats not worth even the lowest price. People are desperate to fulfill the need to get out and buy something to save a few bucks.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]hasten[/nom]Well when I got a 50" Toshiba LED to replace a 40" in our bedroom at the slick price of $399 on Best Buy's pre sale last Monday, of course I'm going to shop online. I literally bought it the minute it went live after which bestbuy.com crashed. When I was able to get back in to get a few little items for gifts for my family it was sold out... score for me.Oh, and you wouldn't catch me dead waiting in line or fighting those crowds. I'm usually recovering from overindulgence in food and drink (and Football) that Friday! I can roll over, pull out my laptop, and shop from bed before getting up and dealing with the random mess leftover from my brother and I. I spent approximately $900 this year on gifts and that TV, at least I'm doing my part to stimulate the economy.[/citation]

Bigger is not always better. What are the specs? I paid $800 for a 46" Toshiba a few months ago and I still feel like it was a good deal, even though I have seen 55" tv's for less everywhere.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]Retrophe[/nom]Damn if that is true . . . might be time to buy AMD stock[/citation]

This is the same reason I don't care about Thunderbolt. External graphics cards that cost more because Intel will be licensing the technology to other companies. I refuse to pay the Intel tax.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]JustPosting84[/nom]Totally un-related, but READ:http://semiaccurate.com/2012/11/26 [...] o-with-it/Tom's need's an "anonymous" contact form for submissions.[/citation]Personally I won't believe anything posted on that site until a more reputable one posts it. That site is worse than Tom's when it comes to favorite companies, bias, inaccuracies and tabloid sensationalist articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.