Question Recording distortion using bluetooth microphone - Windows 7 64 - Intel Centrino MPow EM10

bobtms

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Hi -

Context: I have a MPow EM10 bluetooth headset, properly paired with Windows 7 64 using an Intel Centrino 6230 Wifi + bluetooth adapter inside a Dell XPS laptop. I can listen to music perfectly in "Bluetooth Headset" mode, as configured under Recording and Playback devices. Bluetooth Audio drivers are Intel Corporation, 2013-03-18, 3.0.1304.328 and WHQL certified. Intel's Driver & Support Assistant assures me that these are the latest drivers. I have no problems with my Samsung S6 phone pairing and playing/recording audio using the same headset, so I'm certain the hardware is fine.

Problem: When recording audio (e.g. Skype, Audacity, Windows Sound Recorder), the recording is very distorted and quite soft.

What I've done: Beyond TH, Google, and Youtube searches for similar bluetooth (regardless of EM10 or not) scratchy, distorted recordings, as well as checked the OEM's website. MPow seems to offer no support on this headset and there are no comments on Amazon or Newegg that suggest others have had similar problems, yet I've bought a half-dozen of them for friends and family as they worked great with my phone.

Can anyone offer ideas on how to correct the recording distortion?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS