[SOLVED] Recording framerate?

Raikko Kiminen

Reputable
Sep 11, 2019
Hello everyone! My friend has 75Hz monitor and he plays Rocket League. Recently he decided to record his gaming footage and he uses Nvidia Shadowplay. In the game settings he set framerate to 250 (max) and he asked me if his RECORDED FOOTAGE will have 250Hz or 75Hz? Is Nvidia Shadowplay recording screen (75FPS) or in-game settings used (250FPS)? Thank you!

Solution
Ok, let's change the question to get the better answer.
If he uses other software to capture footage, and he sets 250FPS max on his 75Hz monitor, will the end product be what is in in-game settings or what is on monitor? Will his footage be 75FPS that monitor shows or 250FPS hardware puts out?
It would record what the graphics card puts out internally, so the recording framerate would be limited by the ingame framerate, not the monitor refresh rate.
Er, it records at the frame rate he tells it to record at. There's nothing to figure out, the framerate of the recording is something he sets directly.

D4dWggZ.png

Raikko Kiminen

Reputable
Sep 11, 2019
Er, it records at the frame rate he tells it to record at. There's nothing to figure out, the framerate of the recording is something he sets directly.

D4dWggZ.png
If he uses other software to capture footage, and he sets 250FPS max on his 75Hz monitor, will the end product be what is in in-game settings or what is on monitor? Will his footage be 75FPS that monitor shows or 250FPS hardware puts out?

Raikko Kiminen

Reputable
Sep 11, 2019

or even 30, depending on settings.

It would record what the graphics card puts out internally, so the recording framerate would be limited by the ingame framerate, not the monitor refresh rate.

Solution
It will capture 250fps, at 60.
The output product mp4 file or whatever file type it is will be 60fps.
If the capture software is set to 60 FPS, yes. I think he changed the question to ask if different software was used that captured at a different framerate. OBS for example can be set to values higher than 60 FPS.

Basically, the framerate of the capture software is its own setting. It's not dependent on the monitor or ingame framerate.

If the capture software is set to 60 FPS, yes. I think he changed the question to ask if different software was used that captured at a different framerate. OBS for example can be set to values higher than 60 FPS.

Basically, the framerate of the capture software is its own setting. It's not dependent on the monitor or ingame framerate.
Ah I see. Yes, that is true.
Though still anywhere he would be able to post such a video would limit it to 60, such as youtube.