Recording Gameplay w/o Capture Card

Mar 4, 2018
I recently finished my first Gaming/Streaming build but wanted to be sure before proceeding to invest anymore.
Does my system have the ability to record game play from a console (Nintendo Switch, XBONE) without a capture card? I don't believe so, but I wanna be extra positive.

Mobo: ASUS Z370-A
CPU: i5-8600K
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX Titan X 12gb

Solution
An elgato is going to be one of the higher end choices, so it would work plenty.
I personally dont know about the camera setup, but the webcam is a solid choice.

The TITAN is simply overpriced and not necessary for what you are doing. You could have gotten a modern card and a capture card for the same price, but market prices are inflated right now. If it was a gift, it wont be bad or anything, its just not the best price/performance choice.
Mar 4, 2018

Okay so I was considering this capture card;
http://a.co/htBGNXO (It's an Amazon link, dw)

Also, I have an SLR camera. So would I be able to both record from console and use this camera to stream at the same time, or would I need to get a webcam? Im considering the Logitech C922x

Why would the Titan be a bad idea? (It was a gift btw. I didnt buy it.)

An elgato is going to be one of the higher end choices, so it would work plenty.
I personally dont know about the camera setup, but the webcam is a solid choice.

The TITAN is simply overpriced and not necessary for what you are doing. You could have gotten a modern card and a capture card for the same price, but market prices are inflated right now. If it was a gift, it wont be bad or anything, its just not the best price/performance choice.

Solution