Nov 23, 2020
Hello everyone!

I'm currently having a big issue and I can't seem to solve it...
So basically, I'm a gamer and a video editor. I wanted to record some cool highlights in-game that I did but for some reason, I can't record in 1080p.
So far, I've tried every possible recorder, every single one that I know... (Fraps, OBS, Shadowplay etc...)
Recently I bought a new PC, temps are fine, everything is perfectly set up... (RTX 2060, r5 3600, 16gb 3200mhz)
Everything goes smoothly, it's 60fps, the bitrate is configured correctly, everything is as it should be, but still it's kinda blurry or pixelated...

I'd appreciate any feedback given,
Thanks!

Tell us your settings, upload a video, what do you expect people to tell you if they don't know what's wrong.
Streaming quality is not supposed to be lossless because almost nobody could keep up such a big upload bandwidth so there will always be some loss of quality .

Nov 23, 2020
Like I said, the problem is not in settings... I've used more than 5 different screen/game recorders and none of them seem to record 1080p clearly. I don't want to stream, just a casual recording session. No need to upload any video, you know what blurry or pixelated means. I tried so many settings from different youtubers and I watched tips on everything but still, nothing.

I use Bandicam mostly now a days, I did use shadowplay but often found that it causes some weird issues in DX12 or Vulkan games. I recently moved to a 5700xt, and AMD's software it just crap, I mean when it records its great, but Audio issues and just getting it to record is sometimes a pain.

Bandicam can record the entire screen, which is what I need to use for some games that hates being hooked with recording software, the only thing I hate is that it doesn't have a replay function.

Now I got a few questions, Is your monitor 1080p? Are you playing your games at 1080p, if not, you may not get the 1080p option, and if it lets you record in 1080p, a game at 1280x720 will look bad scaled up to 1080p.

In shadowplay, (I don't have an nvidia card anymore) there should be an option to select what resolution you want to record in, Set it to 2160p or 4k, then slide the bit rate slider all the way to the right, it will record at whatever your in game resolution is set to, but at a much higher bit rate, increasing the quality.

I found this out when I had my 1070 when I don't normally record above 1080p and always wondered why I seen like pixilated boxes playing games that involved fast movment, just setting shadowplay to record at 4k allows you to set the bitrate much higher then setting it to 1080p, at 1080p it allows for a max of 50,000 bit rate where 4k allowed for 140,000 bit rate, but the videos were still at 1080p (my ingame res) and a much better quality.

Nov 23, 2020
I use Bandicam mostly now a days, I did use shadowplay but often found that it causes some weird issues in DX12 or Vulkan games. I recently moved to a 5700xt, and AMD's software it just crap, I mean when it records its great, but Audio issues and just getting it to record is sometimes a pain.

Bandicam can record the entire screen, which is what I need to use for some games that hates being hooked with recording software, the only thing I hate is that it doesn't have a replay function.

Now I got a few questions, Is your monitor 1080p? Are you playing your games at 1080p, if not, you may not get the 1080p option, and if it lets you record in 1080p, a game at 1280x720 will look bad scaled up to 1080p.

In shadowplay, (I don't have an nvidia card anymore) there should be an option to select what resolution you want to record in, Set it to 2160p or 4k, then slide the bit rate slider all the way to the right, it will record at whatever your in game resolution is set to, but at a much higher bit rate, increasing the quality.

I found this out when I had my 1070 when I don't normally record above 1080p and always wondered why I seen like pixilated boxes playing games that involved fast movment, just setting shadowplay to record at 4k allows you to set the bitrate much higher then setting it to 1080p, at 1080p it allows for a max of 50,000 bit rate where 4k allowed for 140,000 bit rate, but the videos were still at 1080p (my ingame res) and a much better quality.
I'll make sure to try this, sounds promesing :D

Oct 8, 2020
I screen recorded with Camtasia a few times and I liked the quality of the videos. If you fave time and your problem have not been solved yet, you could go or a swing. Your search might end there. (Not guaranteeing you as I did not recorded any games using that)