[SOLVED] Recordings in Appdata\Roaming\audio ? I am tracked? Should I report to police?

Jan 4, 2019
Hello, my name is Andrej,
I am new to this forum and Im used to solve pc problems myself, but something recently happened to me that really scared me. I noticed recently I have like 70GB less of space on my C: drive, where I keep only Windows 7- my operating system. I went to investigate and found out that my AppData folder in User folder has over 60GB. I checked what is so big and found folder "audio" (C:\Users\Conseal\AppData\Roaming\audio\) that was 60GB. I opened the folder and it contained recordings in .wav .

They were recordings since 29.10.2018 till this day 4.1.2019 recorded on my laptop. In total it was 3300 files, some of 3:00 minutes lenght some of 5:00 lenght, pretty much random lenghts. I live with my flatmate, when we checked on his computer, he had recordings aswell but slightly different. As we spent together time in living room with our laptops working or playing games, most of the recordings are same. Im really shocked that my own laptop is recording me wihout me even knowing about it.

I use avast antivirus plus I have anti-malware + anti-spyware and nothing has been found. I googled but havent found anything, thats why I am desperate and I begging for help. Can someone please explain me what does this all mean? Is someone tracking me? Can I report it? Please help me!

Solution
Monitor the resource monitor to see what program is doing the writing to C:\Users\Conseal\AppData\Roaming\audio

If some one were trying to secretly record you they wouldn't use a .wav due to the file size being so large, as you have seen.

They also wouldn't save the data locally.
Jan 4, 2019
Hey COLGeek thank you for your promt answer. No they are totally random. The one from today was when we werent event doing anything on computers just taking about the work. Some of the recordings are lets say 3:00 min long and from 0:00-2:30 there is no voice.

Monitor the resource monitor to see what program is doing the writing to C:\Users\Conseal\AppData\Roaming\audio

If some one were trying to secretly record you they wouldn't use a .wav due to the file size being so large, as you have seen.

They also wouldn't save the data locally.

Solution
Jan 4, 2019
Derekullo thank you for your answer. You really calmed me down with those arguments, because I find them very true, they probably wouldnt keep those recordings on my computer. However things in Appdata folders are temps created by programs no? I mean if they used some recording software it could leave tracks there, that the person who is tracking wouldnt even realize. Just wondering about every possibility.

Unfortunately I wont be able to track the resource I am afraid, because I deleted the whole folder immediately, so did my flatmate, as we kinda a panicked. But it seems it isnt been created anymore, atleast its been 2 hours since I deleted the folder.

Jan 4, 2019
2wRu78.jpg

I may have potentially found the issue.

In your picture I noticed a BS program at the bottom which I traced down to BSPLAYER

https://aboutdevice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/BSPlayer2BPreferences2BWindow.png

I notice the program has an option for audio/video capture.

Do check out those settings and also the hotkeys for BSPLAYER to see if some common shortcut you use in-game triggers the recording.

Did you and your roommate start using BSPLAYER when this recording issue started?

Jan 4, 2019
I check with BS Player and Im not using any hotkeys for audio capture. But the recordings keep appearing even when there is basically no software/game running. And my friend isnt using BS Player and still gets the same recordings.