Recover Bios

mekaid

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
Hello, I have an Asus X55VD-SX046H. it was working fine. last week i turned it on and there was some error messages in the bios, i shut it down, pressed the power button and only the power light lights up. There was no other response. there is no image on the screen.

I think it's due to the bios automatic updater.

Can someone help me to recover my bios version, and give me clear steps to follow please ?

if there was a temp or voltage warning then there may be a hardware issue not a bios issue. have you tried draining the mb of power by unplugging the pc for 20. min and clearing the cmos?? are the mb power good led on and not blinking and are any fans moving. (if not could be your power supply died). I would open the case make sure there no dust bunnies eating your cpu and clear any dust out and make sure all the fans are moving. i would try and force a cmos beep code. remove the video card first..if no beeps then the ram. if you dont get any beeps or fan spinning see if a friend has a spare power supply.

mekaid

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
Thanks everyone, you know i bought the laptop two weeks ago, so trust me there is no dust, the led is on there is no blinking and the fans are moving !

I am not sure but I think I just have to make sure that my bios type is really "AMI" then download the latest version of bios for my computer from the website (X55VDRAS.405) Rename it past it in a USB device, connect the device and run the computer holding Ctrl+Home.

The first problem is that i am not sure if my bios type is an AMI.
The second one is the fact that I don't know to what I should rename the X55VDRAS.405 bios file so he could be recognized by the system.

I have read some articles about the AMI type it says that I have to rename it AMIBOOT.ROM. I've tried still doesn't work. I'm really not sure if my theory is right but I think i have to find the appropriate bios name for the Asus X55VD-SX046H, the one who would be recognized by the system.

one thing i would check before you call the laptop dead..could be a screen backlight failure. the system wont give you any bad codes if it failed. have you tried connecting the laptop to a monitor and turning on the ext video ports to see if there anything posting??