Recover contacts from Android phone with a broken screen without USB Debugging enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDDU Julius BSIT

Respectable
May 19, 2016
My cousing has a ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom that feel down the table yesterday and she wanted to retrieve the contacts from it. The USB Debugging wasn't enabled yet and the screen is just black although the home and back keys can still react to touch because it vibrates. Is there a way to recover them? Or should I use its warranty to the nearest ASUS Service Center?

Solution
Possible. When I got a new phone last year, I had a full size SIM card in the old phone, and the new phone uses a micro SIM card. My cell provider (T-Mobile), was able to insert the old SIM card into a card reader, recover the contacts, and copy them to the new micro SIM card. I then backed up the contacts file to my computer in the event the phone was ever lost, or the SIM card fails.
Does the phone have a SIM card? If so, the contacts should be stored there and can be seen when the card is inserted into a new phone. If the contacts were stored on the phone's internal memory rather than the SIM card, then you may have a bigger problem.

NDDU Julius BSIT

Respectable
May 19, 2016

But I were to bring this to the ASUS Service Center, is it possible that they can recover the contacts?

Possible. When I got a new phone last year, I had a full size SIM card in the old phone, and the new phone uses a micro SIM card. My cell provider (T-Mobile), was able to insert the old SIM card into a card reader, recover the contacts, and copy them to the new micro SIM card. I then backed up the contacts file to my computer in the event the phone was ever lost, or the SIM card fails.

Solution

NDDU Julius BSIT

Respectable
May 19, 2016

There were some contacts though that weren't able to be synced on time

Status
Not open for further replies.