Recover Data from Usb

dee3198

Prominent
May 4, 2017
Hi, I hope someone can help me. I had a USB that was in a computer copying files. Someone then removed it without ejecting it and when I put it into my laptop it said I cant open it and need to format it, which I didnt want to do as I did not want to lose the files. Someone was then trying to help me and she said to go to diskpart.exe and clean the disk which I did. Now when I insert the USB into my laptop it is just saying insert disk into drive (D:). Is there any way to recover this lost data?

At this point it's virtually impossible that you will be able to recover the lost data using the various "recovery" type programs available to users. A very slim possibility of recovery even should you engage a commercial recovery service, but as you can imagine, quite expensive.

Maybe it's just semantics, but if you were copying files from a computer, shouldn't the files still exist on the computer? Even if you were doing a cut and paste (rather than copy and paste), the files may be in the computer's recycle bin.

Or were you copying files from the USB stick to the computer? If so, what was the source of the files on the USB stick?