[SOLVED] Recover Data on Not Initialised external HDD

Jun 7, 2020
Recover Data on Not Initialised external HDD
I replaced the the PCB on a Toshiba 1TB External HDD as the USB connection dislodged, paying careful attention to the part details:
https://www.hddzone.com/mq01ubd100-toshiba-pcb-g3448a-p-3446.html.
There is about 300GB of data on the disk and it was was working perfactley on my DELL Latitude E6540 running Windows 10..

Ironic thing is that the disk is my backup disk for photos, docs etc
  • Disk Management lists it as Disk 1 Unknown // Not Initialised // "Device is not ready" after trying to initialise it in both MBR and GBT.
  • Device Manager lists in Disk Drives as working properly, Drivers up to date etc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it.
  • Disckpart// Administrator in CMD will show it as Online but 0 ZERO bites.
  • I have removed and inserted the CMOS battery.
I suspect I have to see the "White Gloved" people who will charge me an arm and a leg for data recovery?
Is there anybody out there who can can assist with an alternative?
Greatly appreciated.

Solution

It it's a backup disk you can just replace it and do another backup to the new drive. If this drive had your only copy of the files then it's not a "backup" disk. Backups are copies of originals. If you are keeping a backup drive make sure that you have two copies of the files.

It it's a backup disk you can just replace it and do another backup to the new drive. If this drive had your only copy of the files then it's not a "backup" disk. Backups are copies of originals. If you are keeping a backup drive make sure that you have two copies of the files.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS