recover original windows 7 from the pirated copy I now have.

starblaze

Reputable
Aug 3, 2015
I was having a problem with my computer in that my dvd/cd drive was not working. I tried everything I could think of and finally downloaded what appears to be a pirated version of windows 7. I would like to get back the version I had before without spending over a $100.00 to get someone to do it for me. The cd/dvd drive still does not work and how I have a black screen and no product key to activate the counterfeit version I now have.

My computer is an HP with a 32 bit os.

Solution
If its an HP then it should have a recovery partition. when you are booting up, there should be an option to restore to factory conditions using this recovery partition. Look at your instruction manual or look up instructions for your model PC online.

Note that doing this will loose all of your data and give you a restored PC the way you received it from the factory.

DHFF

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
If its an HP then it should have a recovery partition. when you are booting up, there should be an option to restore to factory conditions using this recovery partition. Look at your instruction manual or look up instructions for your model PC online.

Note that doing this will loose all of your data and give you a restored PC the way you received it from the factory.

Solution