Question Recover video

phosphorus

Honorable
Aug 25, 2016
I deleted a video
I deleted a video by mistake today.
I tried using recuva, so far I didn't find the file. Oddly, it find older videos and files, even tho I didn't add anything to the disk today after deleting.
Got the software wondershare recoverit, it finds the file but when I try to recover the files is only 200kbs instead of 15 gb... What can I do?

Important files should always be backed up (ie copied to another hard drive) so that you are always prepared for accidental deletion and/or drive failure. It's so easy to make backups, I can never understand why some people just don't bother doing it. It's a recipe for disaster, as you have discovered.

phosphorus

Honorable
Aug 25, 2016
Important files should always be backed up (ie copied to another hard drive) so that you are always prepared for accidental deletion and/or drive failure. It's so easy to make backups, I can never understand why some people just don't bother doing it. It's a recipe for disaster, as you have discovered.
it was a stream video. I thought I had rendered it, but I didn't. So I deleted it.

Stas

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
Hey,

If you deleted video from an SSD, there is almost zero chances to recover it, unfortunately.
If this was an SD card or some other flash memory stick, you should create a complete sector-by-sector image out of the memory card (.IMG), which will serve you as a backup and source for recovering the video files. Otherwise, you may overwrite/modify them on the memory card and they are gone forever.

Once you have the image file, you can try recovering the files with "undelete" tools. If nothing helps and the video is important, you can ask to manually process the image file by guys from Restore.Media.