Recovering bios ???

R11111

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
My computer will not go past the American mega trends screen telling me to recover the bios. What do I do and do I need to arrange the startup sequence??? Any help would be appreciated!!!!

R11111

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
It says at the bottom of the error message page please enter setup to recover bios setting.
Press f1 to run setup

Should i hit f1 and go from there? Also will I need to re assign the hard drives or will it restore and load normally?

It's an as us z87-pro with what looks to be a button described sub bios flashback would that be easier.

Thanks for the help!

bignastyid

Titan
Sounds like it lost bos settings. Just press F1 to enter the bios. You will probably need to reset the time and date possibly other settings like boot order and xmp (memory speed). Was it off or disconnected from power for awhile? If the issue continues afterwards you may need to replace the cmos battery.

R11111

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
thanks, it's been sitting without power for over a year it's about 3 year old and thought the battery might have gone. I will try f1 tomorrow and hopefully it will work. Would you know where I could find what order the startup needs to be?

bignastyid

Titan

Usually optical drive then HDD/SSD or just have the hdd/ssd at the top. There's a good chance just using the default settings after adjusting the time and date will work.

R11111

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016

Thanks for the help. I will update this tomorrow on how it goes.

R11111

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
Thanks for the help reset to deafault settings although they were already there. It worked but the same came up when I restarted it. Should I try a new battery?

R11111

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016

Once I get replace it will it come up with the same message and should I just reset to deafalt settings like I did the first time? Thanks