Recovering data from hard disk after formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

psm360

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
how to recover data from hard disk after formatting with no OS on it? data was extremely imp.
having an 80 GB hdd & win XP installation CD showing "Unpartitioned space 76317 MB (76GB)" means whole hard disk is formatted. guys pls help me :cry:

psm360

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
what happened was, while installing win xp, I formatted C drive (windows) & then some power failure happened and computer got switched off. Then next time I thought of installing win 98 , & inserted win 98 disc & it formatted the whole HDD.
And now after inserting win xp disc again, it's showing "Unpartitioned space 76317 MB (76GB)" means whole hard disk is formatted. Is there any possibility to recover my data

digitalzom-b

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
You might be able to hook it up externally and run some data recovery software on the drive...

That being said, you'd need probably need to buy the software, since this type of recovery is a little more advanced and will need to rebuild the control table/data.

psm360

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
i was thinking of to plug my HDD into some other PC and run some recovery software on that PC, because right now this HDD has no OS on it, so I cant use it. Will that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.