[SOLVED] Recovering Data on External WD Hard Drive via USB 3.0 to SATA 3.5" Enclosure - Win 10 won't assign Drive Letter [SOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2018
Good morning,
I am trying to recover some data on an external Western Digital H/D via the USB 3.0 to SATA 3.5" Enclosure and can't get it work on Windows 10?

I believe the drive's data was probably from Windows Vista.

It appears that under the Windows 10 Device Manager, it 'shows up' as ASMT 2115
USB Device as (Standard Disk Drives) however Windows 10 does not assign it a Drive Letter for some reason. It states that the device is working properly.

The article is published on TomsHardware.com at the following link:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2964128/read-external-hard-drive-usb-adapter.html#lastAnswer

The article I am referring to is from Author "USAFRet" dated Feb 6, 2016, 3:02 PM

Is it possible to have him or someone respond to my question in this e-mail and let me know. I would really like to be able to pull the data off the drive if possible.

Thank you sincerely for any help that you can offer me.

Tom P.

Aug 27, 2019

Hi Phillip, I was able to get it resolved, thank you for your information / help.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I'm having the exact same issue. Do you remember (I know it's been a long time) and can you share how you managed to make it work ?

Thank you so much

Adrien

popatim

Titan
@AdrienDD To assign a drive letter, please open Disk Management and right click on the partition you wish to assign the letter to and select 'Drive Letter and path' from the list.

Unfortunately you've posted on an old thread. If you continue to have an issue, please create a new thread for your trouble and list what you have, including model #'s, what you've tried, and their outcomes.

This thread is now closed to further replies.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS