Question Recovering deleted folder

NEOCROM

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
By mistake i shift deleted a folder from users/saved games. No backup and such. Is there a way to recover that folder? I tried with Recuva, but seems it doesn't show up.

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
Any way to recover? Tried with Recuva and Disk Drill. Surprisingly it found older folders that were deleted but it couldn't find a folder in saved games deleted 2 days ago.

When using the Shift-Delete, it removes the marker for the file/folder. In the older days, the marker was a question mark and when removed, the only recovery action was scanning sector by sector. Unfortunately, that doesn't work for SSD drives. Perhaps the other deleted folders that were found may have just been deleted normally without the shift key.

Reactions: nbartolo7

NEOCROM

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
When using the Shift-Delete, it removes the marker for the file/folder. In the older days, the marker was a question mark and when removed, the only recovery action was scanning sector by sector. Unfortunately, that doesn't work for SSD drives. Perhaps the other deleted folders that were found may have just been deleted normally without the shift key.
So once i shift-delete a folder, it's forever gone? Not even with cmd or some other methods can't be recovered?