Recovering hard drives that are not being detected in disk management?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umeed

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2013
Hi all,

some background information:
My old pc was forced to download windows 10 a year ago or whenever that happened, and during the download (i wasn't aware it was happening) I was transferring files from local drive to back up drive and suddenly things started to freeze up. As I tried to open or close folder My pc then crashed and wouldn't boot.

Fast forward today I have a new pc build and I wanted to use my old drives...I've connected the 2 hdds (one is a WD green the backup drive, and the main drive was the Seagate barracuda) I've connected them to my new pc but they're not being detected at all. I've gone into disk management and it's not being picked up.

Any ideas?

In disk management it shows:

Disk 0: WDBL
Disk 1: System Reserved | C: | healthy recovery partition

My current build:
w10 pro
mobo: z97x-ud3h - bios v 2.7 ? (smbios)
i7490k (not overclocked)
1 ssd 1 wd blue hdd
gtx 1080ti (not over clocked)
psu antec I think 850w if not lowest will be 750w.

Thanks for your help!

Umeed

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2013
I'm not sure what I did, but I was attempting to go into bios but I must have hit the wrong key. And windows 10 attempted to do an automatic system recovery, I hit restart by accident (lmao) and then it loaded to the windows 10 logo and then asked to do a check disk I said sure and 8 minutes later all my drives are working!

Crazy ...cuz it never worked no matter how many other win7 or 8 machines I've plugged them into ...anyways can this be closed? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.