[SOLVED] Recovering lost partitions takes too long.

Michael29Angelo

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2013
Hi! I am currently recovering lost/deleted partitions on my WD 2TB External Hard Disk using EaseUS Partition Master.

Using quick scan, the scanner has already consumed three days but still cannot find a partition. The progress is less than 50% only. Here are my questions:

1. In Disk Management, hard drive shows that it is unallocated. Is there still a chance that I can recover all data?
2. Will my desktop survive this 24/7 process? I always monitor the temperature by checking the air blowing from the fans.

Solution

Initialize and reformat will reduce the possibility of data recovery to about 0%.

And if you already tried to Initialize and it failed...that sounds like a dead drive.

Michael29Angelo

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2013

When I open Disk Management, it wants to initialize the disk, which I think might make the recovery of the drive harder. By the way, I have already clicked "Ok" few days ago but it didn't work. It showed an error or something.

Should I reformat the disk then recover the files after? What method of file recovery can you suggest?

USAFRet

Titan

Initialize and reformat will reduce the possibility of data recovery to about 0%.

And if you already tried to Initialize and it failed...that sounds like a dead drive.

Solution