recovering windows 8.1 on my laptop where the HDD corrupted and no data is retrieved

PVS Rao

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016
I purchased a DELL laptop with windows 8.1.Later it was upgraded to windows 10 during the validity period. Now the HDD of my laptop is corrupted and no data can be retrieved. I have installed a new HDD on my laptop. Now the question is, Can I get back my windows 10 or at least windows 8.1 on my laptop, since no key is available. When I contacted the DELL people they suggested me contact their service centre, where I was informed that it can not done since the the data on the old HDD can not retrieved. If the answer to my question is yes, How can I get back my OS? What is the procedure?

Solution
if you download the windows 10 iso from Here and install it, it will activate it for you without needing a key.

If you upgraded within the free period then microsoft will activate windows 10 to the same version again.

bobmanuk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
if you download the windows 10 iso from Here and install it, it will activate it for you without needing a key.

If you upgraded within the free period then microsoft will activate windows 10 to the same version again.

Solution