Recovery Console Installation Problems

Hello All,

I am attempting to load the Recovery Console to my hard drive from the
install CD after I installed Windows XP, Service Pack 2 using the
following in the Start, Run Text Box:

H:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons

I get the following error message:

Setup cannot continue because the version of Windows on your computer is
newer than the version on the CD.

Warning: If you decide to delete the newer version of Windows that is
currently installed on your computer, the files and settings cannot be
recovered.

The install CD is obviously an older version than the hard drive install
after XP, SP2. How do I work around this issue to install the Recovery
Console on my hard drive? I can't seem to find any solutions anywhere
in the Windows search areas.

TIA, Purple Haze

Hello,

You are trying to use an SP1 CD I assume? If you turn your XP SP1 CD into a
Win XP SP2 CD it should work fine. Here's how
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp

Michael Ortega

"Michael Ortega" <randomjunkmail@astyrrian.com> wrote in

> Hello,
>
> You are trying to use an SP1 CD I assume? If you turn your XP SP1 CD
> into a Win XP SP2 CD it should work fine. Here's how
> http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp

Michael,

I now have a burned and tested Windows XP SP2 Installation CD and my
Recovery Console is on the hard drive in a hidden folder as it should be.

Thanks Again,

PH